Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday, Oct. 22

Up late, and then did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Didn't do much before 11 a.m., when we all went to a local bank that was having a customer appreciation event. Chili was being served, along with slices of white cake. They also gave away long-sleeve t-shirts, fridge magnets, ice scrapers, flying discs, little plastic footballs, and hand sanitizer in pen-shaped spritzer containers.

From there, we went downtown, where an antiques/crafts event was going on. There were vendors along both sides of the street and in the pocket park, and inside businesses. We browsed for a while, and then picked up a bag of three grilled hot dogs, and bags of potato chips, which another bank was offering.

I don't eat hot dogs, so we dropped by a fast food store to buy me a grilled chicken sandwich. We took the food home to put in the fridge until suppertime.

Around 2 p.m., Hubbie went to the Extension Services office to help the Master Gardeners bag a variety of bulbs for sale tomorrow morning.

I took my camera and went back downtown to shoot some images. I spent a couple of hours walking up one side of the street and down the other, taking pictures, visiting vendors that I know, and browsing antique/flea market stores. Then I went to the college where I swim and shot some images around the lake.

Around 4:30 p.m., I came back home. Mother had heated potatoes and squash to have with the hot dogs and grilled chicken for supper. Afterward, Mother went home, and Hubbie and I did what we always do...watched TV.

0 comments: