Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday, Oct. 23

Up early, so Hubbie could get ready to go to a Master Gardener bulb sale. The sale was from 8 a.m. to noon. He left home about 7:15 to help the MGs set up tables, etc.



I did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. Once I was ready for the day, Mother and I went downtown for the second day of the crafts/antiques event. We started by visiting crafts booths inside an old movie theater that has been renovated and converted to a church. There were several interesting crafts, but nothing that caught our eye enough to purchase. I did buy a bag of peanut brittle for Hubbie, though.



Then we visited the pocket park, where a few more booths were set up since yesterday. I was interested in visiting with the young woman who is the coordinator for the literacy council of our count. For a long time, I've been interesting in maybe volunteering with the organization. The coordinator is to send me an e-mail when there is another meeting for volunteers.



After that, we browsed a flea market mall before leaving downtown to go visit the Master Gardener bulb sale. The MGs did very well with the event, taking in over $1,500. Hubbie bought some bulbs, too, including tulips.



Mother and I returned home afterward, and Hubbie arrived around 12:15. Mother went home, and after lunch, Hubbie and I watched our favorite college football team play to a much-needed win, after two weather delays. The game was still in a weather delay when we left at 3:45 to go to my 20-year college class reunion.



A young woman met us at the steps of the building where the reunion was to be held and walked with us into the classroom. Unfortunately, Hubbie and I were the only ones who showed up. The adjoining classroom was full of folks attending their 10-year reunion. What are the odds that out of 90 in my graduating class, only I would show up? Must be some kind of record.

Moments after we arrived, our young hostess handed me an evaluation form. Hard to evaluate a non-event. But I did my best. While I did this, the college photographer came in and snapped a picture of me. Then, since no one had shown up by 4:30, we agreed to part ways.

Hubbie and I went to the gallery, which is in the same building, to view an art exhibit before returning home. It is entitled "Dark Matter," and it is certainly aptly named....strange and disturbing subject matter (like a bloody, headless white mouse, and a man being pulled apart by two animals) are shown against black backgrounds.

Back home, I heated leftover chicken noodle soup for our supper, and we resumed watching the football game, which I'd recorded on DVR. We continued watching TV into the evening.

0 comments: