Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday, Oct. 18

Up at 6:30 to go to water aerobics. Wow, the water was really chilly today at only 79 degrees! That might seem warm to some folks, but to us older women, it was br-r-r-r. Nevertheless, fourteen of us braved it and completed the session. I sort of got used to it and enjoyed my swim, but in the winter, I don't think I could tolerate the water being so cool.

This morning, the lady who stands beside me during aerobics mentioned that she had brought me two sudoku puzzle books. She said she'd ordered 40 of the books from an ad on the back of one of her monthly editions. They were past issues, and she said she got a real bargain on them, so she wanted to share some of them with her friends.

Back home, once I was ready for the day, I spent some time at my computer, called the ladies of my scrapbook club to remind them of our meeting on Thursday, and gathered materials for scrapbook pages I'll work on at the meeting.

Hubbie ran a couple of errands before lunch...to get a haircut, and to drop by the math and science magnet school to pick up the items we got at the silent auction last Friday night. For the first time in a long time, I didn't run any errands today, but stayed around the house to do this and that.

Mother came over to join us for lunch...something different for each of us. A leftover barbecue sandwich for Hubbie, hot dogs for Mother, and a turkey bacon/tomato/Vidalia onion sandwich for me.

We didn't do anything worth mentioning during the afternoon...each of us just whiled the time away in our own activities.

Supper tonight was leftover beef roast, with mashed potatoes and gravy, and leftover butternut squash. Funny: Mother prepared a large pot of potatoes to boil, with the intention of using part of them for mashed potatoes tonight, while leaving part of them whole to be used for beef hash Wednesday. But when the potatoes were cooked, I made the mistake of mashing the lot of them. So now, I guess we'll see how mashed potatoes work in a beef hash recipe.

Mother went home after supper, and Hubbie and I wasted time in front of TV.

0 comments: