Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday, Oct. 20

Up at 6:30 to go to water aerobics on this chilly morning. The pool was not only chilly, it was downright cold...a degree or two cooler than Monday. Fourteen of us braved it, but the leader shortened the session, and even skipped the cool down (we were already plenty cool). So I got back home about fifteen minutes earlier than usual.

The trip home was lovely, as I traveled down the winding mountain road, shaded by trees that glowed rust and gold in the sunshine. I must soon go on a photo safari around town to capture images of this colorful season.

We learned today that water aerobics is cancelled for Friday, because the college is preparing for this weekend's homecoming celebrations. I can't say I'm sorry, since the pool will probably be icy cold by then. Seems the college is having problems keeping the forty-year-old boiler repaired.

Back home, while I was getting ready for the day, Mother came over and helped Hubbie put a pot of chicken on to stew for a chicken noodle soup lunch. After getting chilled in the pool, the soup was very warming.

After lunch, Mother and I gathered the rest of the stuff we'll need at our scrapbook meeting tomorrow. There was nothing else we wanted to do for the afternoon, so we watched the musical, "Cats," on DVD. Like "Phantom of the Opera," it seems to me to be an appropriate October movie.

The movie ended at suppertime. Tonight, we had beef hash (using the potatoes I mistakenly mashed last Sunday), Lima beans, and fresh salad tomatoes. Mother went home afterward, and Hubbie and I did the usual...watched TV.

0 comments: