Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday, Feb. 14

Happy Valentine's Day!


Slept late this morning, until 8 a.m., and did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie had gotten up around 6:30 a.m., so he went ahead and had his breakfast ahead of me. Then he delivered the candy we'd made yesterday to the Caring Hands Hospice office.

In the meantime, I returned a call to my Literacy Council student, who, I discovered this morning, called last night while we were at the movie theater. I left a message, and soon her husband called back to let me know the student couldn't attend the session tonight (maybe because it's Valentine's Day?). We set a new session for tomorrow night.

After that phone call, I called the members of the scrapbook club to remind them of our meeting on Thursday afternoon. As I finished talking to the ladies, Hubbie returned home. I hadn't exercised yet...because I was waiting on return phone calls (our land line message machine is broken, and I wasn't sure everyone had my cell phone number), so I thought I needed Hubbie to answer the phone while I was out of pocket. Turned out I got the return calls before I started exercising, though.

By the time I finished exercising and got ready for the day, it was already lunchtime. Mother came over, and we exchanged Valentine's cards. Inside ours from Mother, there was a photo of Hubbie and me at her house right after we'd married 30 years ago. Our gift to her wasn't nearly as grand...just a box of peanut butter cups in a heart-shaped box.

After lunch, Mother and I gathered what we'll need to work on scrapbook pages Thursday. It took a while to choose just the right backgrounds and matching solid color card stock papers for the several photos I want to work on. Mother is still working on Niece's wedding photos.

We and the other members of the club also agreed to bring along our rubber stamps and punches so we can borrow from each other at the meeting to create motifs that we can use later as elements on greeting cards. Mother and I spent some time choosing things we think the others might like to use.

Supper tonight was leftover ribs from yesterday's restaurant meal, with leftover Parmesan potatoes from Saturday's meal, along with French style green beans, and rolls leftover from the restaurant.

For dessert (provided by Mother), we had a choice of chocolate or white cupcakes, with chocolate pudding, strawberries from the freezer, and whipped topping. Mother went home afterward, and Hubbie and I watched a movie I'd recorded a week or so ago on DVR..."The Lost Valentine," starring Betty White and Jennifer Love Hewitt. Seemed an appropriate movie for tonight. It's a predictable plot, with an ending that viewers would want.










0 comments: