Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday, May 13

Friday the 13th! Boo!! Take heart, those of you who are superstitious, this is the only Friday the 13th of 2011.

Up around 7:30 this morning, and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Mother came over mid-morning, bringing a plastic bag of spools of thread, from which I was able to find two colors I need for sewing buttons on a couple of blouses.

Once I was ready for the day, I called the Caring Hands Hospice coordinator to offer my assistance in pricing yard sale stuff, but the job was already done. So I did other stuff around the house before lunch.

After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to a grocery store vending machine to pick up a free regional insert paper, to see if photos I submitted had been published. They had not. So we went on to a greeting card shop, where I helped Hubbie choose appropriate birthday cards for his grandson and great-grandson, as well as a baby shower card.

From there, we went to the hydroponic farm to pick up tomatoes I'd ordered this morning, and to the roadside stand to get the strawberries I ordered. Then we went to the WDCS for a few grocery items. I wanted to get a lemon cake mix for Hubbie's birthday, but there were none. In fact, the shelf space allotted to cake mixes has shrunk to nearly nothing. Guess we'll be shopping for cake mixes at a grocery store.

Yesterday, we looked at the bell peppers at the WDCS and found them to be sky-high in price. So we swung back by a grocery store, where the peppers were fifty cents per pepper cheaper, and where the yellow and zucchini squash I wanted looked much better than the scarred and bruised ones at the WDCS.

Back home, I played on my laptop until time to prepare supper. Mother had sauteed onion, bell peppers, and mushroom to be added to Ziplock bags of eggs for omelets. We had the omelets with a baked potato/onion dish, and biscuits.

Mother went home afterward, and Hubbie and I watched TV, including the 2009, R-rated movie, "Order of Chaos," a thriller film starring no one I know. A naive attorney and his neighbor-colleague compete to move up in the firm. Very strange movie, with very strange background music (if you can call it that).

The second feature we watched was a Lifetime Movie Network movie called, "One Angry Juror." Supposedly based on a true story, a female corporate attorney is chosen to sit on a jury for the trial of a young African-American man in the murder of another African-American man. She starts out cynically believing the accused is guilty, but eventually becomes convinced of his innocence.

3 comments:

Ann crum said...

"A naive attorney and his neighbor-colleague compete to movie up in the firm." For some reason, I'm not making any sense from this sentence.

Sixty Something said...

An attorney with a neigbor who is also an attorney work at the same law firm, and both want to move up in the firm. The neighbor messes with the mind of the naive attorney, who ends of doing stuff that loses him not only his position at the firm, but his fiance'. Hope this helps clear that sentence up for you.

Sixty Something said...

Oh! I see what you mean...movie, instead of move. LOL