Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday, May 10

Up around 7:30, and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Mother and Sis came over mid-morning. Mother worked on the jigsaw puzzle, and Sis worked on her laptop, while I got ready for the day.

I spent the rest of the morning doing this and that, including laundry.

Later, after a lunch of cold meatloaf sandwiches, Mother, Sis, and I went to the college down the road from our house to see an art exhibit...unfortunately, the exhibit had already been taken down.

So we went to the art gallery downtown to see a youth art exhibit, touring from the museum in our capital city. Art by youngsters ranging in age from kindergarten to twelfth grade were on display. There is just something so uninhibited and enchanting about art by youth...especially the kindergarten through fourth grade levels.

From there, we went to the roadside market to pick up another flat of strawberries. I'd called the market this morning to have the berries set aside for me.

Back home, Mother resumed her jigsaw puzzle, Sis resumed her laptop session, and I went outdoors to snap images of flowers, which I then uploaded to my social network page.

Later, we had a supper of barbecued ribs, brought home from the restaurant Sunday, with baked sweet potatoes, garden salad, leftover butter beans and Lima beans, and hot rolls brought home from the restaurant. We all took part in preparing this meal.

Mother and Sis went to Mother's house afterward. Hubbie went back outside to work in the yard (which he did most of the day), and I went to a community theatre board meeting at 7 p.m.

Only six of us showed up for the meeting, and we finished our business by 8:30. Back home, Hubbie and I watched the elimination episode of "Dancing with the Stars." The one kicked off was the one I thought would go tonight.

0 comments: