Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday, May 21

Today is my great-granddaughter's birthday. Happy Birthday, Great-Granddaughter!

Well, the end of the world did not happen at the prophesied hour today, just as we suspected it would not. Our day proceeded pretty much as usual, despite the prediction. We were up around 7:30, and I did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast.

I debated whether or not I wanted to exercise this morning, since our air conditioner isn't working. But though it was a bit humid in the house, the temperature was moderate enough that with a fan running, it was fairly comfortable walking on the treadmill.

After the session, Hubbie put color in my hair in anticipation of a haircut appointment next week. Mother had come over earlier and relaxed in the living room while I got ready for the day.

We didn't accomplish a lot for the rest of the morning. After lunch, I went to the store that has a sale every weekend to look at window treatments. Nothing appealed to me, but I brought a catalog home to browse later.

From there, I went to the video/CD/bookstore, where a friend of mine was signing copies of her new novel. This novel features a photo of her on the book jacket that I snapped a couple of years ago. The author has given me credit for the photo inside the book. I bought a copy, of course, which she autographed for me, with a personal message. This novel is based on the life of her great-grandfather. I'm anxious to read it.

Back home, Mother and I browsed the window treatment catalog, where I found some that I like. But the prices are out of sight. So I'm back to thinking I might try to trim and hem the existing scarf curtains for the living room window. The ones in the dining room are okay. But I'll remove and discard the floor length sage panels, which the cats have destroyed. I'll leave the white lace panels on the windows, since they are okay.

Since our air conditioner is on the blink, we are avoiding using the kitchen stove. So I sent supper foods to Mother's house. She heated the leftover lasagna, and prepared a salad. Cottage cheese and slices of sourdough bread rounded out the meal.

At home, I decided to return to the video/CD/bookstore, where earlier I'd noticed audio books on CD on sale for $5 each. Hubbie went with me, and we picked up several by a favorite author.

Later, we watched a Lifetime Movie Network feature called, "Perfect Plan." During a downward spiraling real estate market, a young female realtor, who lives with an author who hasn't written anything in a long time, is financially desperate. So she is elated when she gets a plum listing. Problem is, the "brother and sister," who are supposedly selling their parent' estate, are scam artists. So she finds herself not only in the middle of a scam, but falls victim to a murder cover up as well.

0 comments: