Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday, May 5

Happy Cinco DeMayo!

I was up around 7:30 this sunshiny morning, and did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast.

Mother stayed home today, as she does on most Thursdays. Once I was ready for the day, I went to the store that has a sale every weekend to use a $10 discount coupon and a gift card given me at Christmas by Hubbie to buy a pair of on-sale black crop pants.

While I was gone, Hubbie went to the fairgrounds to help the Master Gardeners set up tables for the organization's fundraising plant sale on Saturday.

Back home, I continued my project of sorting through and trying on clothes in my closets. I discarded a stack of t-shirts accumulated over the years from various events, as well as a few blouses that are ill-fitting. It feels good to get my closets organized for the coming warm months.

By the time I finished that, washed a couple of loads of clothes, and capped, sliced and sweetened a quart of strawberries, the afternoon was pretty well shot. Hubbie returned home around 4 p.m. After he'd finished at the fairgrounds, he stopped by our auto repair shop to have freon put into the truck, which made him later returning home than he had previously planned.

Mother came over shortly after Hubbie got here, and we heated the leftover veggie soup and muffins for supper. She went back home soon afterward.

Later, Hubbie and I watched the 2008, PG-13 movie, "Married Life," starring Pierce Brosnan, Chris Cooper, Patricia Clarkson, and Rachel McAdams. A middle-aged couple have a respectable marriage, until the husband meets a young, beautiful blonde and falls in love. His wife is devastated when he tells her. So in order not to cause her pain by divorcing her, he decides to kill her. In the meantime, his best friend falls for the blonde. This is another inexpensive DVD that I found at a wholesale store.

Interesting note: on my homepage, I saw the 2010 list of the most popular names for boys and girls. Among them are: Jacob, Michael, Isabella, Emily, and Madison...all names of great-grandchildren in our family.

0 comments: