Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday, May 3

Sunshine! At last! Still a bit cool this morning, but at least the sun is shining.

Got up around 7:30, and did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. Mother came over while I was getting ready for the day and worked on her puzzle.

Once I was ready for the day, I spent most of the rest of the morning fixing snapshots of the student event at a local school last Friday, and then attempting to burn them to a CD for the arts council director. But my burning program refused to work. When I tried to update it, I was unable to, because a window popped up telling me the program was either too out of date, or was corrupted. So it looks like I'll need to download a new one. Phooey.

Fortunately, I'd had the foresight to upload the photos to my laptop, on which I was able to burn them to a CD. But by the time I finished fiddling around with all this, it was nearly lunchtime.

Didn't accomplish much after lunch. Since Mother is unable to accompany me many places anymore, she couldn't go to the program at the school last Friday. I didn't want her feel like she was completely left out, so I showed her the photos of the kids performing, and then went to You Tube so she could listen to the cute tunes that the kids and the Australian artists sang.

Later, we had a supper of pork chops with apples and onions, sweet potatoes, and a choice of butter beans or Lima beans. Mother went home afterward, and Hubbie and I watched TV, including a Lifetime Movie Network feature, "Desperate Escape." After being chased through a marina and being beaten, a woman loses consciousness and wakes up in the hospital with amnesia. A man shows up claiming to be her fiance'. He takes her to a lakefront vacation house. All is not what it seems.

After that, we watched the elimination episode of "Dancing with the Stars." Once again, the one I thought would be eliminated, was not.

0 comments: