Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday, June 24

Up around 7:30, and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. while I was on the treadmill, Hubbie left to take the truck back to the other town and bring back a loaner car. Mother came over while I was cooling down after exercising.

Once I was ready for the day, I worked at my office computer for the rest of the morning, and Mother started a pot of spaghetti sauce simmering for a spaghetti supper.

Hubbie came back home around noon, and after lunch, we ran errands...to the greeting card shop to buy cards for a great-grandson, a great-granddaughter, and a granddaughter, and then to the WDCS to shop for both Mother and ourselves. There, I picked up a zippered pouch for my Kindle e-reader, and snapshots I'd uploaded to the one-hour service this morning.

At the store, we met my Literacy Council student and her husband, who thanked me for working with his wife. I assured him that she is an excellent student, who learns quickly. Hubbie was glad to meet her...it'll help him visualize my tutoring sessions.

Leaving the WDCS, I remembered that I needed to pick up cottage cheese at a grocery store on the other side of town. On the way there, we swung by the farm store for dog food, and then out to the roadside vegetable vendor to pick up two quarts of blackberries. From there, we visited two grocery stores...one for the cottage cheese, and the other to pick up on-sale eggs.

We were back home about 3:30, but I didn't accomplish much the rest of the afternoon. The spaghetti supper, with salad (lettuce, tomatoes, and green onions from our garden), cottage cheese, and slices of sourdough bread, hit the spot.

Mother went home afterward, and around 6:30, I went back to the middle school to snap photos of the Fairytale Theater play rehearsal, because I wasn't pleased with the images I got last night. Somehow, the camera and the flash weren't in sync, so that some photos were out of focus, while others had ghost images. I think I corrected the problem, but I won't know for sure until I download the photos to my computer.

I was back home about 8:30 after rehearsals. The director of the play is really going to have to pull things together if she hopes to have the play ready by the first weekend in July. Right now, it's pretty chaotic...controlling the twelve "princes" and twelve "princesses" is, as the saying goes, like trying to herd cats. The cast is comprised of kids ranging in age from kindergarten to about junior high.

Tonight they rehearsed dance routines...ballroom (awkwardly), which they obviously did not enjoy, and disco (complete with mirror ball), which, (though they were ungainly), they did enjoy.

If the director cannot get the kids to project their voices, then no one beyond the second row of seats will be able to hear them speak.

This evening, Hubbie and I watched a Hallmark Channel movie..."The Wishing Well." A successful woman journalist for a popular national celebrity magazine is forced to visit a small town to report on a legendary wishing well. There, she finds romance, of course, in the person of the town's newspaper editor, who has a charming young daughter.

0 comments: