Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday, June 25

Up at 8 a.m., and did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast. Mother came over while I was cooling down, and before I got ready for the day, I gathered materials for her to create greeting cards to be entered in the fair next month.

Once I was dressed and ready, I downloaded snapshots I took at the Fairytale Theater rehearsal last night, and chose a few of them to be submitted to the regional newspaper.

After that, I joined Mother at the craft table. Today, I decided to create a few scrapbook pages to be added to some others that feature seasonal photos of our house and property. I had already completed winter pages...snow on tree limbs and on our house, and birds flocking to the bird feeders.

Today, I did spring flower pages....our house with daffodils in the foreground, and as viewed through the limbs of the dogwood tree, as well as lilies and roses growing in flower gardens. Tomorrow, I'll work on summer and fall pages. First, I'll need to pick up photos from the one-hour service at the WDCS.

Mother and I spent the whole afternoon in these activities, while Hubbie worked in the yard. Later, I put leftover spaghetti and sauce into the oven to heat for supper. We had that with salad...lettuce, tomatoes, and green onions from our garden, topped with the leftover wilted lettuce...and cottage cheese, along with slices of sourdough bread.

Mother went home afterward, and Hubbie and I lolled in front of TV for the evening. Tonight, we watched the 1997 Syfy movie, "The Devil's Advocate," starring Keanu Reeves, Al Pacino, and Charlize Theron. A young star attorney, who has never lost a case, is lured into a big-city law firm, where he later learns his boss is the devil.

0 comments: