Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday, June 23

Had another of my nights when I couldn't go to sleep...finally drifted off around 2 a.m. But I got up around 7:30, anyway, and did a treadmill session and weights exercises after breakfast.

Spent my morning alone, since Hubbie had to take the truck to another town to have the transmission checked. It acted up yesterday while he was driving it. Seems a couple of gears aren't working. Hubbie was given another truck to drive home, because parts for the transmission can't be ordered until Monday. We have no idea what the repair expenses will be, but hefty, we're sure.

He brought the loaner truck home so I could take a look at it and drive it. It's very nice, but we're not sure we're in the market for another truck right now. So he'll take it back tomorrow in exchange for a loaner vehicle we can keep until our truck is repaird.

While he was gone, I completed some office tasks...updating my artist-in-education information, which is due to the state office arts council office by July 9, and sending our scrapbook club and member dues to the county council president. Then I wrote a thank you note to Mother's and my friend, who hosted us at her home yesterday.

After Hubbie returned, and we'd had lunch, he ran an errand, and I shopped at a couple of clothing stores, looking for a pair of white slacks. No luck.

Later, we had a supper of leftover stir fry. Mother stayed home today, so she didn't join us. But I did visit with her before I went shopping and delivered an invitation to her from Caring Hands Hospice. We're invited to a breakfast luau next week.

Following supper, I went to the middle school auditorium to do snapshots of Fairytale Theater rehearsals. The play, to be performed during the first two weekends in July, is being produced by the community theater. I'm hoping to get a photo published in the regional newspaper as advertising for the play.

Aggravation: If it's not one thing, it's another...when I left the auditorium, I discovered that the remote function on my van key wouldn't work. I tried the other little key on my keyring, but soon realized that it was for the gas cap.

So I called Hubbie, who came to rescue me. He solved the problem by using the manual key encased in the remote. I'd forgotten that a key can be released from the end of the remote.

Back home, he tried the remote again, and it worked just fine. We don't know what the problem was...maybe the electronics just needed to reset or something.

It was about 8:30 by this time, but we settled in to watch the 2008 Lifetime Movie Network feature, "The Coverup." Supposedly based on a true story, the movie centers on a young repeat drunk driving offender, who, police claimed, mysteriously died after escaping the and falling six stories to his death. A young personal injury lawyer investigates.

0 comments: