Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tuesday, Oct. 4

Up at 7:30. After breakfast, Hubbie and I rode bikes for a half hour...nice cool morning for a ride.

Didn't do anything else for the morning, except get ready for the day and meet an 11 a.m. dental appointment. I told my dentist about the little set-to I had with the periodontist in the capital city a few months ago. I need to have a tooth extracted, and have deep cleaning on another tooth, and when I asked the periodontist if I should let my regular dentist know about this, he said, "I'm the periodontist! I know what needs to be done!" and he stormed out of the room.

Today, my regular dentist laughed and said, "I'm a dentist, and I know what needs to be done, too." He advised that I really no longer have need of a periodontist, and the procedures recommended could be done right here, which means I wouldn't need to make that two-hour trip to the capital city. So I will be contacting the periodontist to let him know I no longer need his services. He's fired.

The procedure will be done next Tuesday, before which time I need to take an antibiotic for a few days, and cease taking my blood thinner for two days.

Back home, Mother had heated potato soup for our lunch, which we had with peanut butter and crackers. Afterward, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the newspaper office to drop off this week's word search puzzle contest, to a pharmacy/grocery store to pick up prescriptions and buy grapes and cheese, to the WDCS for groceries, and to the gas station.

At home again, we did this and that until suppertime. Supper tonight was leftover beans and ham, turnips, sauteed new potatoes, and cornbread.

Later, we went to the college about a mile down the road for the first of a series of programs for which we have season tickets. Tonight's performance was an illusionist. There was a near-capacity crowd for this very entertaining show that included lots of special effects smoke and lighting, comedy, and amazing illusions that I had not seen before.

Tonight, we lucked out and no very large person sat in the seat in front of Mother. In fact, the two couples who sat in front of us moved down so there was an empty seat in front of Mother, which was very nice. But then the couple in front of me and Hubbie decided to move head to head so that they blocked Hubbie's view. Hubbie is too nice to say anything, but I'm pretty forward, so I asked them to please separate so Hubbie could see the stage. They pleasantly obliged.

Got home around 8:30, and watched the elimination round of "Dancing With the Stars." Once again, we were surprised that the one we were sure would be eliminated, was not.

Just before we left to go to the program at the college, Hubbie received a phone call from his son, telling him that his son-in-law had been in a motorcycle accident and had broken his left ankle. This son-in-law is the husband of his daughter, who recently broke her right ankle. Now they'll both be in casts for several weeks. I don't know how they'll manage.

0 comments: