Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday, Oct. 5

Up at 6:30 to get ready to go to water aerobics. When I left to go to the college, I drove in the opposite direction, in order to turn around in a neighbor's driveway so that I could slow down near our driveway and let Hubbie, who was pulling the camper, turn onto the highway without having to worry about someone racing around that blind curve and hitting him. Turning to the left out of our driveway onto that highway in busy early morning traffic, with the sun glaring from that direction, and the vegetation growing on the neighboring property, which blocks our view around that curve, it's an iffy proposition at the best of times.

Hubbie had to take the camper to another town to have it checked for a gas leak. It hasn't been long since he took it to the shop to find out why the heater didn't work. I wonder why the gas leak wasn't found then? I commented to Hubbie a week or so ago that I thought I could smell gas. But it wasn't until he discovered the tanks were empty, after he'd only recently filled them, that he decided to take the unit back for repair.

The pool this morning was warm again. Twenty-five of us showed up for the session. In the dressing room, a custodial person...a young woman...came in, rolling a mop bucket. I noticed she was wearing a medical boot, and I asked her about it. She said her food became very painful last Saturday, and she went to the doctor and learned she had a broken heel. She has no idea how she broke it, she said.

I have to wonder what's going on that so many folks are suffering broken bones?

Only a few minutes after I got back home, Hubbie arrived. I always worry about him traveling any distance without me, and am glad for his safe return.

Once I was ready for the day, I made a few phone calls, and then accompanied Mother to our house. We didn't do much for the rest of the morning. After lunch, Hubbie took one of the cats to the vet. The cat, blind in one eye, constantly breathes as if she is stopped up with allergies. The vet gave her a couple of shots and prescribed medicine for her, and commented that in listening to her chest, it sounded like she has an underdeveloped lung.

While Hubbie was gone, Mother and I watched the 1964 movie, "Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte." This black and white film is as creepy now as it was when it first came out. It's a good one for the Halloween season.

Later, we had a stir fry supper using fresh veggies left over from our outing to another town to see a new great-granddaughter last Saturday. Afterward, Hubbie and I accompanied Mother to her house, where Hubbie helped her put a cutain back up in the living room that her cat had managed to pull down.

Later, we watched the 2008 movie, "The Oxford Murders," starring Elijah Wood, and John Hurt. An Oxford University professor and a grad student find an elderly woman in Oxford murdered. The murderer announces upcoming murders through mathematical symbols that the professor and the student have to solve in order to stop the killer.

Today, Hubbie learned that his son-in-law had been in surgery until 3 a.m. this morning for repair to a broken ankle. He learned that Son-in-Law not only suffered a broken ankle, but he also suffered a broken foot and a crushed heel. His doctor says it will be at least three months before he will be able to walk comfortably.

0 comments: