Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wednesday, Nov. 2

Up around 7 a.m., but didn't go to water aerobics for obvious reasons. But this morning, Mother seemed stronger. After a small breakfast of toast, she was able to walk into the den and sit in her rocking chair.

Once I got her settled and had my breakfast, I did a treadmill session and weights exercises. After I was ready for the day, I did this and that around the house. Around 10 a.m., Mother was hungry for a small bowl of Jell-o with part of a sliced banana.

At lunch, she ate chicken salad on crackers. And then she was ready for a shower. So I got into my swimsuit and helped her. This is always quite a procedure, since it's difficult, even with my help, for Mother to disrobe and get onto the shower stall seat, then get dressed afterward. She was plenty ready for a nap afterward.

While she snoozed, I took the opportunity to run to a couple of stores...first to the card shop to look for a refill for a Lavender scented reed diffuser. There were none available, so I used a coupon to buy three cards. From there, I went to the store that has a sale every weekend to buy a pair of leggings to wear under clothing in cold weather. I used a $10 store-issued coupon toward the purchase.

I was gone under an hour, and Mother was still snoozing when I returned home. Shortly after I came back, Hubbie ran errands to a couple of grocery stores.

Later, for supper, we had leftovers...pork roast and veggies in gravy over mashed potatoes, with a side of cottage cheese for Mother, and chili for Hubbie and me.

We watched TV for the evening, and Mother stayed in the den until 8:30, before she was ready to go back to bed. So she was up for five or six hours, which was good.

2 comments:

Ann crum said...

I'm glad to read that she stayed up for more time today. I know she wants to get stronger and be able to walk at least a little on her own. I think a visiting nurse is still in order, though, before you get down in your back.

Sixty Something said...

So far, I'm not having a problem with my back. I'm very careful not to use my back, but only my legs and arms. But if things become more difficult, I'll certainly look into a visiting nurse.