Monday, October 29, 2012

Friday, Oct. 26

Today is Daughtr-in-Law's birthday. Happy Birthday, Daughter-in-Law!

We slept until around 7 a.m., had breakfast, then got dressed and ready to leave on the trip back home. We were on the road around 9:30 a.m. on this really cold, windy day.

It was an uneventful trip, during which we stopped for lunch around noon, and then arrived in Sis's home territory around 2 p.m. Nephew met us at the same department store parking lot where we met on Tuesday. Sis unloaded her clothes and personal items into her own vehicle, and we said our goodbyes and headed home.

A few miles out of town, Mother glanced at a back seat in the van, and discovered that Sis had left her coats. So I pulled off at a gas station/grocery store and called both Sis and Hubbie. Hubbie traveled on, and I waited for Sis to come and fetch her coats.

I figured Hubbie would be so far ahead of me that he'd arrive home before me. But instead, I soon caught up with him, and we caravaned home together.

It was around 4:30 by the time we got home, and we were tired, so we brought in only those things we absolutely needed this evening, and left the rest for the morning.

I accompanied Mother straight home, then prepared her a supper of Ramen noodle soup. For Hubbie's and my supper, I diced leftover Parmesan potatoes, and scrambled them with eggs. Served slices of Sis's homemade bread with the meal.

Spent the rest of the evening watching TV.

0 comments: