Saturday, November 2, 2013

Saturday, Nov. 2

Slept late this morning, until well after 8 a.m. Did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, while I got ready for the day.

We didn't do much for the rest of the morning. After lunch, we traveled to another town about 45 minutes away. The purpose of the trip was to pick up paintings belonging to my former Literacy Council student. Several weeks ago, she'd asked that I pick them up at my convenience and mail them to her at her new residence in Florida.

Since it was a nice sunny day (if a bit cool and windy), and we had nothing important planned, I thought it would be a great time to combine the errand to the art gallery with an autumn leaf-peeping/photo safari.

I called the gallery just after noon, and was told that the paintings would be gathered and ready for me when I arrived.

The road leading to that town winds up a hillside, with vistas of the autumnal trees, rolling hills, and the valley below. At one point, travelers cross a dam, where there is an overlook park for snapping pictures of the river, lake, and colorful hills.

This is a popular tourist spot, so lots of folks were there with small cameras and cell phones. I was amused when one older gentleman and his wife strolled up to the overlook and he began taking pictures with a cell phone. As he watched me rapid shooting with my 35mm digital camera and telephoto lens, he joked that I should think about getting a serious camera.

The art gallery is on the square downtown, and it took only minutes for me to complete my errand there. Afterward, I walked across the street to snap a picture of a display of American flags on the courthouse lawn. The flags are a memorial honoring fallen soldiers.

Headed back home mid-afternoon, and arrived around 3:30 p.m. While I uploaded photos to my social network page, we watched a Hallmark Channel movie..."The Good Witch's Destiny," starring Catherine Bell. The Good Witch series is charming family friendly fare.

Later, I heated leftover chili for Hubbie's and my supper, and sweet potato (served with a slice of rye bread) for Mother, who wasn't in the mood for chili tonight.

As I was finishing dessert, Niece from New York called. We chatted for a long time...well, actually I mostly listened while she talked. None of her immediate family live nearby, and those who live in the state are all male (her brothers and son), so she gets lonely, and needs to talk with female relatives from time-to-time. I'm glad to lend an ear.

While I was on the phone, Hubbie accompanied Mother home, and then he and I watched our favorite college football team as they played to another disappointing loss.

Spent the rest of the evening watching one-hour shows.








0 comments: