Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thursday, Nov. 7

Slept late, until after 8 a.m., but did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house mid-morning and she went to her jigsaw puzzle.

Before I was able to go upstairs to get ready for the day, Hubbie prevailed upon me to help him find a website that sells the China pattern that his daughter is collecting. Hubbie buys one or two pieces for her each year for her birthday, but he likes to find it at the lowest possible price.

I located salad plates for him on a site I frequently use, and they were considerably reduced in price. He was happy, so I placed an order for them, along with a couple of other items...an apple peeler for me, and a jigsaw puzzle for Mother (for Christmas)...which brought the total of the order up to a point that we don't have to pay shipping and handling.

As long as I was at the site, I decided to download a couple of John Grisham books to our e-readers...these will be part of Hubbie's Christmas gifts.

By the time I finished this task it was noon, so Hubbie heated the remainder of the chicken noodle soup for us. Afterward, he ran errands, and after I finally got dressed, Mother and I made a big batch of sugar cookies. I will donate some of the cookies to the college library for a Friends of the Library fundraising chili/soup supper and bake sale later this month.

It was around 2:30 before we finished the cookie baking session. Hubbie returned home around that time, too. His main reason for going to town was to try to locate a door pull for a kitchen cabinet, because one of them broke off.

We had no real hope that he'd find one to match the others, and he didn't. So right now we'll borrow one from an upper and infrequently used storage area, and then super glue the broken one to that door. Maybe someday we'll replace all the hardware, but I can't think about it at the moment.

Spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing with the daily newspapers, and my e-tablet. Around 4 p.m., I started supper, which consisted of heating leftovers in the oven. Tonight, we finished the chili-mac, served with canned whole kernel corn, coleslaw, cottage cheese, and a choice of sour dough or rye bread.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house afterward.

Note: called the doctor's office this morning to make follow-up appointments for Mother and me...she for a urine sample, and I for a blood test. Our appointments are at 10 a.m. Shouldn't take long to get the tests done. Our doctor wants to be sure there is no blood in Mother's urine, and that my white cell count has come up. It was only slightly low last month, but she wants to be sure it's normal now.













0 comments: