Saturday, November 9, 2013

Saturday, Nov. 9

Up at 7:30, and did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30.

Once I was ready for the day, I intended to make strawberry jam, but I discovered that pint jars had not been washed in the dishwasher. So I gathered some and started the dishwasher.

In the meantime, I decided to make potato soup. But, naturally, we didn't have enough potatoes. So Hubbie had to go to the grocery store to buy some.

Didn't know what to have for lunch, so I decided to put sweet potatoes in the oven, along with a small butternut squash that had volunteered in the compost heap.

When Hubbie returned, we made potato soup. Hubbie peeled potatoes and sliced them in the food processor, Mother diced onions, carrots, and celery, and then I put the recipe together.

By this time, the sweet potatoes were done, so we some of them for lunch, and then we put the rest in a storage bag for the freezer.

After lunch, Mother and I made a batch of strawberry jam. While we did this, Hubbie and I watched our favorite college football team as they played to another very disappointing loss.

Around 4:30, Hubbie made grilled cheese sandwiches for us to have with bowls of the very good potato soup. It was just the right kind of meal for a dreary evening.

Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house afterward, and then he and I watched TV, as usual.

0 comments: