Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday, Feb. 21

Up at 6 a.m. to get ready for water aerobics. Chilly this morning, but with a bright sun...so bright, in fact that it blinded me when I tried to exit the driveway. So I decided to turn right and go down to the neighbor's semi-circle driveway, where I had a clear vision of the highway both ways.

The pool was cool this morning. Most times, I get used to it after a few minutes, but today I just couldn't get comfortable. I stayed with it, though, until just a few minutes before it ended and then left.

In the dressing room, while I was seated on a bench with nothing but a towel wrapped around me, the door suddenly opened and a UPS guy, with boxes piled up to his chin started to come in. When he saw me, he hastened to apologize and quickly closed the door. A moment later, and he would have caught sight of more than my bare shoulders!

I don't know how he could have made that mistake...the wall near the dressing room entrance clearly states that it is the women's dressing room. Also, it's one of those entrances where you have to go this way and that to reach the door...designed so the door doesn't open onto the hallway. I guess he didn't notice the sign, because his view was obstructed by the pile of boxes he was carrying.

Back home, I warmed up with a couple of cups of coffee, then headed upstairs to get ready for the day. In the meantime, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house.

By the time I was dressed, it was close to noon. Hubbie had decided we should have grilled cheese sandwiches, so he had all the ingredients gathered, as well as fruit sliced and ready.

After lunch, Mother and I worked in the kitchen. There was a lot of rice left from last night's supper, so we made a couple of dishes from it... a rice custard for an evening snack, and cheesy rice to go with tilapia fish for supper.

Then Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, Hubbie read a novel on his e-reader, and I watched an episode of the Olympics from the DVR.

The baked tilapia and cheesy rice, along with a choice of butter beans or Lima beans, and leftover coleslaw, was good, even though fish is not Hubbie's and my favorite choice for proteins. Mother really likes fish, though, so she thoroughly enjoyed the meal.

Shortly after supper, Mother was ready to go home, so Hubbie accompanied her. Then we spent the evening watching episodes of "Bones," from a DVD borrowed from the library.







0 comments: