Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday, Feb. 16

Up around 7:30, but skipped my exercises after breakfast, as usual on Sunday. Got ready for the day, and spent the morning sprucing the house for a visit from Hubbie's daughter.

I debated whether or not to get a Sunday meal of pork chops and sweet potatoes ready for supper, and put them in the fridge until time to put them in the oven, then decided against it. Daughter had said she planned to be here around 2 p.m., and would enjoy the veggie soup and muffins we made yesterday.

So at lunch, we decided to have soup and muffins, and save Daughter's helping for when she arrived. In the meantime, we watched both the Kitten Bowl, and the Puppy Bowl on TV. I'd recorded the shows on DVR on Super Bowl weekend.

After that, Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie and I watched a episode of the Winter Olympics. Around 1 p.m., Daughter called to say she would be later than she expected, since she'd forgotten a bag at her mother's house, about 30 miles from where she was, and her aunt was bringing it to her. And then her aunt wanted her to have lunch at a restaurant with her.

At this point, I thawed fresh peaches from the freezer, and used a package cobbler mix to make the dish for the oven.

At 3:30, I decided I needed to fix the pork chop dinner, since it looked like Daughter would be arriving around that time, and there wasn't enough soup for four. Mother and Hubbie helped with the meal.

Mother sliced onions and apples for the pork chop dish, and Hubbie washed the sweet potatoes, and trimmed the fat from the pork chops. I browned the meat, which I put on top of the layered onions and apples. Mother mixed a honey/mustard sauce to brush the chops with, and then I put them in the oven.

Daughter arrived around 4 p.m., and by 5 p.m. the meal was ready. I served the meat and potatoes with a side of coleslaw, and after supper, we had peach cobbler and ice cream.

Daughter stayed around until around 7:30. At 7 p.m., I accompanied Mother to her house, since I could see she was tired.

Hubbie and I spent the evening watching TV, including episodes of "Friday Night Lights."

0 comments: