Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wednesday, Feb. 19

Up at 6 a.m. this morning, to get ready for water aerobics. Today, I had to wear three decorative waterproof bandaids to cover cat claw marks. Last night, our nearly blind cat got startled by something, shot up into the air, and came down, claws out, on my left leg around the knee. I thought it advisable to protect the scratches from the pool water.

This is the first morning since I can't remember when that I didn't see my breath when I went out to the van..a promise of another mild day. I know this glorious weather won't last long, so I'm going to enjoy it as much as possible.

Eighteen of us attended the session today. Our leader reversed the order of the exercises, because she needed to leave early to be with a friend who was to have surgery to remove a small malignant tumor from her breast.

Her friend is our income tax preparer, so when I advised Hubbie of her medical problem last Friday, he immediately called her. She is confident that the tumor was caught early enough for her to be encouraged for a complete recovery.

Back home after aerobics, I enjoyed a cup of coffee, and then Hubbie put color in my hair in anticipation of a beauty shop appointment this afternoon. While I showered and dressed, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house.

She went to her jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie and I watched an episode of the Winter Olympics, both before and after lunch. Lunch was Ramen noodle soup for Mother, and leftovers for Hubbie and me.

Shortly after 2 p.m., Mother and I left to go meet our 2:30 haircut appointment. We arrived a few minutes early, but my hairdresser was ready for me, and it was only a few minutes before Mother's hairdresser was ready for her.

We were back home just after 3 p.m., and Mother went back to her jigsaw puzzle, while I read newspapers and played on my tablet. One thing I did was upload a snapshot of the monkey we saw yesterday to my social network page.

Later, for supper, we had turkey cheeseburgers, with sides of salad and low fat cottage cheese. Mother helped with the meal by slicing onions for the burgers, and preparing individual salads. This is the kind of meal usually reserved for Saturdays, but we will be going to a  4 p.m. basketball game at the college that day, and we won't be back until about an hour after suppertime. So I need to make a pot of soup that will be ready for Mother at 5 p.m., as well as be ready for us to heat when we get home around 6 p.m.

After supper, Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house, and then he watched a basketball game on TV, while I read a novel on my tablet. Later, we watched and episode of "Bones," on a DVD we borrowed from the library. Then we watched our favorite state college basketball team, as they played to a narrow-margin win. This was a really late game that didn't start until 9 p.m., so I'm glad we won't  have to get up at 6 a.m. for water aerobics tomorrow.











0 comments: