Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thursday, Feb. 20

Up around 8 a.m. this morning, then did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 10 a.m., and she went to her jigsaw puzzle.

Once I was ready for the day, I did this and that until time to fix lunch. Mother opted for her usual Ramen noodle soup, while Hubbie had a leftover turkey cheeseburger, and I decided on egg substitute scrambled with cheese, and a thin bagel with cream cheese and strawberry jam.

After lunch, Hubbie ran errands, and I spent an hour hemming a pair of new jeans, while I watched an episode of the Olympics. When I finished the jeans, I gave myself a manicure.

Around 3 p.m., Mother and I started supper preparations. She made slaw dressing and mixed it with slaw, and I brushed chicken breasts with barbecue sauce and put them in the slow cooker, along with a can of diet 7-UP.  Later, we had the chicken and slaw with servings of rice and whole kernel corn.

After supper, Hubbie accompanied Mother to her house, and around 7 p.m., we went to the college to watch the basketball team play to a nail-biter win of 60-59. It was a very physical game, resulting in several injuries that sent the sports medicine guy scurrying frequently to bandage wounds, and clean up blood. 

Wow, was it windy for the walk from the parking lot to the gym! Other than the wind, the day was warm, reaching a temperature of over 70 degrees.

We got back home after the game around 9:30.  By then, the temperature had dropped to 45 degrees. Watched TV for a while before heading to bed.

0 comments: