Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday, March 24

Up at 6 a.m. to get ready for water aerobics. Br-r-r, chilly morning. Great weather for a coat and gloves. The sun was bright, though...blindingly so, which made it difficult to see the road leading to the college. I crept along, trying to use the center line as my guide, and hoping I didn't cross into the other lane. The driver behind me must have been driven crazy with my frequent brake applications. I later learned that driver was the husband of one of the water aerobics members, and she said he had trouble driving in that blinding light, too. Glad he didn't rear end me.

It was brisk for the walk to the pool, but not windy, thank goodness. I was glad to find the water in the pool was toasty warm. Fourteen of us enjoyed the session. We could tell the coach/lifeguard was embarrassed about oversleeping on Monday, but we assured him that we have all overslept. It happens to everyone at one time or another.

Back home afterward, I warmed up with cups of coffee, then got ready for the day. In the meantime, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and she went to her jigsaw puzzle.

I didn't accomplish much for the rest of the morning, other than called the Extension Services office to find out where the agent for the Extension Homemakers has registered for wedding gifts. She is to be married in May, and the members of our organization have been invited to a bridal shower on her behalf on Friday. The shower includes lunch.

I thought I might need to go to the greeting card shop for a bridal shower card, but then decided to look through my stash of cards, where I found an appropriate one.

We each had something different for lunch, and afterward, Mother returned to her puzzle, while Hubbie and I ran errands...to the post office to mail coupons to Granddaughter; to the tax preparer's office; to the greeting card shop to look for a jigsaw puzzle for Mother; to a department store to take advantage of a buy-one-get-one-60%-off sale on intimate apparel (purchased with a gift card); to a grocery store to pick up this week's free item (none to be had today, but more is on the way) and prescriptions, which weren't ready yet; to a gift shop to buy Jelly Belly's (none to be had today); to the cable company office to complain that the program guide on the TV wasn't working (but has since righted itself); and to the WDCS.

Later, Mother and I fashioned a casserole for supper using the leftover Spanish chicken and whole kernel corn from yesterday. Mother diced the chicken, while I cooked a batch of instant rice. We layered the chicken and rice, and tomato sauce from the chicken mixed with the corn, and topped it all with Monterey Jack cheese. Served the meal with leftover sweet potatoes, and slices of buttered and heated French bread. It turned out to be a very tasty meal.

Mother was ready to go home shortly afterward, so Hubbie accompanied her. Then he and I watched one hour shows until 10 p.m., when we watched our favorite state college basketball team in tournament play.



0 comments: