Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday, March 23

Up at 7:30, but skipped my exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 10 a.m. She did her usual Sunday routine of clipping coupons for Granddaughter, and filling her medications pill carriers.

It was another day for watching hours and hours of NCAA basketball games. Hubbie paid more attention to them than I did.

Mother and I started lunch preparations around 11 a.m. Today, we had Spanish chicken, using a Weight Watchers recipe. This is steamed chicken, because it uses water instead of oil. The meat is seasoned with a variety of spices...garlic powder, basil, pepper, Paprika, parsley, and no salt seasoning, then cooked in a quarter cup of water for ten minutes, after which it is turned and cooked another ten minutes.  A can of tomato sauce (and more water if necessary) is added, and the chicken is cooked another ten minutes, or until it is done. Very tasty dish. I served the chicken with leftover sweet potatoes, canned whole kernel corn, and homemade bread.

Mother went back to her puzzle after lunch, and Hubbie and I continued watching NCAA games. Well, he paid more attention to them than I did. I spent the afternoon reading the Sunday newspaper, and finishing my novel, which is a real page-turner. In this turn-of-the-century novel, based on the lives of the author's forbears, the four-year-old daughter of the main character is kidnapped, and the mother struggles to scrape together ransom money. And then, fearing the kidnappers will kill her daughter anyway, devises a very clever way of assuring the child's safe return.

Around 4:30, Mother was ready to go home, so Hubbie accompanied her. I sent the rest of the salmon loaf with her to use in a sandwich for supper. Also sent chips and a slice of angel food cake.

Watched NCAA games for the rest of the evening. I like ball games, but I grew weary of these.







0 comments: