Saturday, March 22, 2014

Saturday, March 22

We were up pretty late last night watching NCAA March Madness games, but we still got up at 7:30 this morning.

I did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house while I was doing that. She went to her jigsaw puzzle, and Hubbie went to the WDCS for a few items, so he would be home for the first NCAA game today at 11 a.m.

Once I was ready for the day, I gathered laundry, and did other things around the house until lunchtime. For lunch, Mother had a salmon loaf sandwich, and Hubbie and I ate the remainder of the New England stew.

Mother went back to her jigsaw puzzle afterward, Hubbie continued watching basketball games, and I did more household things, then played on my computer, read my novel and newspapers until time to prepare supper.

Tonight's fare was burritos, salad, and chips (except for Mother, who opted for a hot dog). Mother helped prepare the meal. The burrito filling consisted of cubed boiled chicken (I'd frozen the chicken a few weeks ago), sauteed onions/bell pepper/mushrooms, a can of black beans (rinsed), a can of diced chilies, salsa, and shredded Monterey Jack cheese, along with spices, that was spooned onto tortilla shells and then rolled up in aluminum foil and heated in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Mother calls this kind of  Saturday meal "fun food."

For dessert, we had angel food cake and strawberries (left from the scrapbook club meeting), with whipped topping. Hubbie had bought the cake at the WDCS this morning.

Shortly after supper, Mother was ready to go home, and Hubbie accompanied her. Not a particularly exciting day, but it was relaxing, though I thought our eyeballs would fall out from watching basketball games for about twelve hours.





0 comments: