Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wednesday, March 19

I really wish I wouldn't have sleep problems on the nights I need to arise at 6 a.m. Woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. So I was glassy-eyed at six. Dragged myself out of bed, though, and got ready to go to water aerobics.

It was a bit chilly this morning...still coat weather. Saw a spectacular sunrise in my rear view mirror, as I traveled to the college. The sun on the horizon was huge and fiery against a blazing red sky. To an alien eye (as in a being from another planet, if there were such a thing) it could have been a frightening sight.

The pool today was warm, though not as toasty as it was Monday, probably because water had been added to it. Nineteen showed up for the session, more than have attended in several months. Typically, the number of attendees increases in the spring, when the weather is milder, and the ladies are ready to come out of hibernation and become more active.

It was even chillier for the walk back to the parking lot after the session, because it was windy. So I was glad that Hubbie had a hot cup of coffee waiting for me when I got back home.

Around 9:30, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house. It appears her head cold is gone now. She went to her jigsaw puzzle, while I got ready for the day, and Hubbie ran errands. His errands included taking the area rugs from the kitchen and bathrooms to the laundromat.

Back downstairs, I started cleaning the kitchen, and then got lunch ready....Ramen noodle soup for Mother, as usual, and leftover casserole for Hubbie and me.

Hubbie returned right at noon, but discovered he had somehow not gotten home with an envelope of photos that I needed for doing scrapbook pages tomorrow. So after lunch, he went back to the WDCS, where the envelope was waiting for him at the lost and found counter. I wonder how it got away from him in the first place? Maybe it dropped into the bottom of the shopping cart, and he didn't notice it when he loaded the groceries into the van.

After lunch, I continued sprucing the house for a scrapbook club meeting tomorrow. Hubbie helped by vacuuming the living room and den, and setting up a folding table for me in the living room. I loaded the table with scrapbook supplies, but I didn't begin work on pages today. Too sleepy to think about it.

Later, I heated leftover New England stew for supper, which I served with slices of rye bread. Then I worked on setting up NCAA brackets on my laptop. Took a while for me to understand how the thing worked, but I finally got it. I let Hubbie decide which teams to choose as winners.

Mother stayed around until after she'd watched a one-hour show with us, and then was ready to go home, so Hubbie accompanied her.

Hubbie and I continued watching TV for the evening.



















0 comments: