Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday, April 14

Up around 7:30, but skipped going to water aerobics, since my right thumb is still in a splint. But I did do stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. While I exercised, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and she went to her jigsaw puzzle.

Once I was ready for the day, I did this and that until lunchtime, including calling the other members of the scrapbook club to make sure our trip to another town on Thursday is still on. It is. I'll be driving, of course.

After lunch, I intended to run errands, but Hubbie was a bit under the weather, and the temperature dropped, and it started raining, so I decided to stay home and make cards, instead.

I made an Easter card for Hubbie's sister, reciprocation for a St. Patrick's Day card she sent to us; and birthday cards for the two great-grandsons (I would have been lazy and bought a couple of cards if I'd gone shopping today). Turned out to be an entertaining afternoon.

Later, I started a pot of spaghetti sauce simmering, and Mother prepared salads and garlic bread. The spaghetti was very satisfying for supper.

Mother was ready to go home shortly after supper, since the temperature was continuing to drop, so Hubbie accompanied her.

Then he and I watched a few episodes of this season's "Mr. Selfridge," a Masterpiece Theater series on PBS that I'd recorded on DVR.







0 comments: