Saturday, April 19, 2014

Saturday, April 19

Up around 7:30 this morning. After breakfast, Hubbie and I busied ourselves in the kitchen. I put a ham in the oven, and set a pan of eggs to boil. Hubbie peeled and sliced potatoes in the food processor, and then I started them boiling.

The potatoes are for making scalloped potatoes tomorrow. The eggs are for deviled eggs, obviously. While the potatoes and eggs cooked, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house. Then he shredded carrots in the food processor, and Mother made carrot salad from them.

We didn't have enough golden raisins, so Hubbie made a run to the grocery store. He also bought cans of sliced pineapple for making a pineapple upside down cake, as well as on-sale fresh pineapples. While he was there, he picked up this week's free item...a container of Greek yogurt. There are now two of these in the fridge for Nephew.

When we finished doing what we could in the kitchen this morning, I finally got around to exercising. It was time for lunch after I finished. Mother had her usual Ramen noodle soup, Hubbie had the remainder of the Dragon Soup, and I had a helping of leftover spaghetti.

After lunch, I took the ham out of the oven and set it out to cool. Then Mother and I made the pineapple upside down cake. She arranged the pineapple and maraschino cherries on top of the butter and brown sugar, while I mixed the cake. Then she spread the batter on the pineapples, and I put the cake in the oven.

Mother went to her jigsaw puzzle then, and I spruced the kitchen, took the cake out of the oven when it was done, and sliced the ham for the refrigerator.

After that, I was finally ready to go upstairs to shower and dress. By now, it was 2 p.m. While I was upstairs, I ironed a tablecloth. Back downstairs, I gathered the dishes and glassware for the table, and did other things related to Easter dinner tomorrow.

Later, we had a supper of ham, macaroni salad, and carrot salad, with slices of rye bread. Mother stayed around after supper to watch a romance movie from the Hallmark Channel that I'd recorded on DVR.  She was ready to go home after that, so Hubbie accompanied her.

Then we watched episodes of "Bones," until around 8:30, when it was time for me to go to Mother's house to administer her eye medication. To do this, I have to force her eyelids open, and believe me, she can really clamp them shut!





 





0 comments: