Monday, June 16, 2014

Monday, June 16

We were up around 6:30, though I didn't plan to go to water aerobics, because we expected the cable guy to come sometime this morning, and I needed to be here to tell him what the problem was with the TV, and make sure I understood what changes he might have to make.

I got dressed right away, and than had breakfast. The cable guy (a different one from the one who visited last Thursday) arrived around 9 a.m., and switched the cable box. The other guy had put another box in, too, but it performed even worse than the one we had originally.

When he decided the box needed changing, he brought in two others, because he couldn't remember which one was a unit he'd taken out of another house. I'm thinking he ended up putting the defective box in at that time.

Funny: the cable guy called this morning before he came. I knew who was on the land line, because caller ID showed up on our TV. But when I picked up the phone, no one answered. "Hello, hello, hello," I kept saying. Finally, when no one answered, I uttered an expletive, and hung up.

Later, the cable guy said he'd tried to call before he came. "But I must have been out of range, because I could hear you, but you couldn't hear me."

"Oh, oh," I said, "did you hear me cuss?" Yes, he did.

Let that be a lesson to me.

After the cable guy left, Hubbie and I put the house in order again, and he loaded the borrowed tables and chairs into the van.

Then I called the ophthalmologist's office to make a follow-up appointment for Mother. I also called the other scrapbook club members to remind them of our scheduled meeting on Thursday.

Time for lunch after that. Mother wanted Ramen noodle soup again. I opted for having my leftovers from the Mexican restaurant, and Hubbie had a barbecue sandwich and chips.

Mother was ready to get back to her jigsaw puzzle after that, and Hubbie and I ran errands...to the library, to the bank, to the post office, to the WDCS, and to the gas station. At the WDCS, Hubbie was interested in finding a cover for his new e-tablet. Found a nice one in a burgundy color.

At home, we didn't do much else for the afternoon. Supper, of course, was the same as lunch yesterday. Mother was ready to go home afterward, so Hubbie accompanied her.'

Then he and I went to visit his niece, because her two-year-old left a stuffed animal at our house yesterday. Also Niece wanted us to see the girl's new swing set, which is a sturdily built wooden outfit that features all the usual swing set stuff, as well as a child size picnic table under cover, and a platform reached by ladder. Naturally, the girl wanted me to climb up there, which I did, cracking my head on a cross beam at the top. Ouch.

Back home, we watched episodes of "The Forsyte Saga," on a DVD borrowed from the library. This period series was aired in 1967, and follows a family from the 1870s to the 1920s. It was daring for in it's day, as it followed the licit and illicit affairs of a a well-to-do British family. It's said to be the forerunner of mini-series.










0 comments: