Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday, June 17

Today is Hubbie's 80th birthday. Happy Birthday, Hubbie!

We were up around 7:30 this morning. I did stair stepping, resistance band, and leg weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house around 9:30, at which time he discovered a knock-out rose bush in the garage. He brought it in and wondered who had left it there. I did. It had been in Mother's bedroom, and I brought it out and put in the garage when I went to put drops in Mother's eyes last night.

We had a quiet day, but I think Hubbie enjoyed it. As the day went on, Mother and I gave him birthday cards, gift cards, and scratch-off tickets. After lunch, he and I went to the grocery store to find a t-bone steak, salad makings, shrimp, and a loaf of Tuscan bread for supper.

Steaks are a bit expensive, but I found a package with two large pieces of meat in it at a reduced price...plenty to serve all three of us, with some to spare. I also found a large container of sliced mushrooms at a reduced price, because they were not white-fresh. I sauteed them later, and topped my steak with a few, and put the rest in the freezer.

From the grocery store, we went to a fast food restaurant and picked up containers of frosty treats. We came back home after that, and enjoyed the ice cream.

We each occupied ourselves for the rest of the afternoon, until time to prepare supper. Since we'd had ice cream around 3 p.m., we waited until 6 p.m. to have supper. Mother helped make salads, and Hubbie cooked the steaks on the grill. I did the other things necessary to getting a meal together.

We enjoyed the meal, but it's not one that we indulge in very often. Hubbie likes steaks, though, and his birthday was the perfect excuse to have them.

Mother was ready to go home afterward, so Hubbie accompanied her, and then later I went over and put drops in her eyes.

Hubbie and I spent the evening watching episodes of "The Forsyte Saga."

0 comments: