Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thursday, July 17

Up at 7 a.m., after a weird dream about losing my purse. Very chilly morning...in fact, our county broke a cool temperature record for July.


Skipped my exercises after breakfast, so I could get the house ready for company this afternoon, when Mother and I, and another lady, were scheduled to have a scrapbook club meeting. One lady couldn't be here, because she needed to attend a  2 p.m. memorial service for a member of her church.


The guy who is laying tile in our sunroom arrived around 10 a.m., and spent the day on the job. He got about half the tile laid, and will be back tomorrow to continue the job. He expects to be finished with the project next Tuesday. He'll be off for a day or so to go on a family trip to the south part of the state.


Once I did what I wanted in the house, I cubed cantaloupe for a snack break during the scrapbook meeting. My original thought was to serve the cantaloupe with dishes of sherbet, but I couldn't find any sherbet at the WDCS that didn't contain yellow dye. But on his round of errands this morning, Hubbie stopped by the pharmacy/grocery store, where he found fat-free pineapple sherbet without yellow dye.


Lunch today was PB&J sandwiches, since I couldn't think of anything else. Afterward, Mother and I began working on scrapbooking projects. Actually, Mother opted to work with Christmas cards that one of the members brought, cutting out designs and greetings to be re-purposed into new cards.


I chose to finish scrapbook pages featuring Great-Grandson's high school graduation. I started the pages last month, but they still needed journaling and decorating. When I finished those pages, I made one featuring a black and white snapshot of Mother and me taken at the museum a couple of months ago.


The lady who was supposed to come never showed up, and she didn't call to say why she couldn't be here. It sort of worried me that I didn't hear from her.


At 2 p.m., I went ahead and dished up the snack I planned for the meeting. I even served it in the pretty glass dishes I'd set out for that purpose.


We quit working on our projects at about the time the meeting would have ended, and I settled in to read today's newspapers, and relax until time to fix supper.


Tonight, we had chicken noodle soup, and slices of French bread. After supper, I baked a batch of brownies for a later snack.


Mother was ready to go home shortly after supper, so Hubbie accompanied her. Then he and I watched episodes of "The Good Wife."


Around 7:30, the scrapbook club member who was supposed to be here today called. Seems she forgot the meeting, and didn't think about it until a few minutes before she called. She's had a particularly stressful time lately, so today's meeting just slipped her mind. I'm just glad she's okay.


 I went over to Mother's later to put drops in her eyes.


********************************************


Note one: the hospital called today to advise Hubbie that he is scheduled for a dye test next Monday morning. I'll skip water aerobics and go with him.


Note two: an obituary notice in tonight's local paper announced the death of our neighbor, a 72-year-old man who attended cardiac rehab at the same time I did. He was the husband of a woman who was our insurance agent before she retired.


She also attends water aerobics. She wasn't there yesterday, but her sister was, and she didn't mention anything about the man having medical problems. I guess I'll learn more at aerobics tomorrow. At any rate, there will be a visitation tomorrow night, so of course Hubbie and I will need to attend.




 











0 comments: