Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wednesday, July 16

Up at 6 a.m. to get ready to go to water aerobics. Chilly morning, in the high 50s, so I wore a fleece hoodie over my tee shirt and shorts. Unfortunately, the water in the pool was very chilly, too. Took a while to get used to it, but after I did, I enjoyed the session.


Today, we got an update on our regular leader, who has been absent in order to have knee surgery. Seems she has developed a serious infection at the surgery site, which may require further surgery to remove the artificial knee, scrape the area, and put in a new appliance. It looks like she'll be away from the pool for much longer than she anticipated.


About a dozen of us attended today. One of the ladies and I touch base via email when one of us has to be away from the pool for any reason. She recently complained of having pains in her head that suddenly occur, and just as suddenly go away.


"My husband suggested I use the vibrator."


Huh?


"So I did, and it worked."


I smiled, but didn't comment.


"I massaged the back of my head, and the pain went away," she said.


Oh!


Back home, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, while I got ready for the day. Spent the rest of the morning sprucing the kitchen and living room in anticipation of one of the scrapbook club members meeting with Mother and me tomorrow afternoon.


Lunch was Ramen noodle soup for Mother, a chicken sandwich for me, and a ham sandwich for Hubbie. Afterward, Mother and I started a pot of chicken stewing. She diced carrots, onions, and celery, and I did the rest. Then she went to her jigsaw puzzle, and I did this and that around the house, before relaxing with the newspapers and my novel on e-tablet.


Around 1 p.m., the worker who will be laying new tile in the sunroom came and did preliminary tasks...removing the baseboards, vacuuming and mopping the floor (even though Hubbie had already swept the room and wore a mop out on it), and filled a crack in the concrete.


Later, I put yellow squash in the steamer, and Hubbie peeled potatoes to be boiled and mashed. Close to suppertime, we had servings of boiled chicken, the squash and mashed potatoes, along with gravy I made from some of the chicken broth.


Mother was ready to go home shortly after supper, and Hubbie accompanied her. Later I went over there and put drops in her eyes. Then Hubbie and I watched episodes of "The Good Wife."


Note: Hubbie's tummy troubles seemed worse today, so he called his doctor to request a dye test. Of course, he didn't talk to the doctor, but was required to leave a message with the nurse instead. She didn't call back today, so maybe she will tomorrow.

































0 comments: