Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Average Tuesday

I woke up early today, around 5:30 a.m., and couldn't go back to sleep. But since Hubbie was snoozing soundly, I didn't get up until he did a 7 a.m.



Today was Cardiac Rehab day. I was heartened when folks greeted me saying that they missed me last week. I was only gone from rehab for one day, to take a group of ladies shopping in another town, but I guess it seemed longer to them. Whenever one of us is gone from rehab for several days, we all worry that he or she might be having a medical problem.



I asked one of the nurses when my Phase III program will end, and she said October 17. That's a Friday, so it will actually end October 16, I think. I enjoy the program, but I'm glad it will be over in time for a five-day vacation to Branson later in October, and for the upcoming holiday season.



After rehab, I spent the rest of the morning on the computer...cleaning out e-mail and, at Hubbie's request, researching information on the care and re-potting of ferns. Hubbie is interested in getting all the houseplants re-potted and put back into the sun room before first frost.

I also spent time finding out what the fungus is that's featured in my previous blog. For a long time, I looked for info on tubular mushrooms, and tubular toadstools, before deciding to look for tubular fungus.



Daughter called after lunch, and we chatted for quite a while. And then I called Granddaughter. I'm trying to arrange a time to go visit family, and it looks like next Sunday will be fine for everyone.



I always enjoy talking with Daughter and Granddaughter. Granddaughter keeps me in stitches with her stories of the kids. Today, she and her husband took Great-Granddaughter to the dentist for teeth cleaning. Almost four-year-old Great-Granddaughter was anything but calm for this procedure by the hygienist. But when the dentist came in to exam her, she was a perfect angel. The reason? She's got a crush on this very handsome, clean-cut doctor. The way Granddaughter talks, she herself sort of melts when he's around, too. Her husband, of course, declares that the dentist "isn't that good looking."



After the phone calls, Hubbie and I went in search of a bale of straw and pots of mums. We found decently-priced mums at a nursery, where I got three pots, in red, lavender, and orange. Then we went to the farm store to pick up the straw. While there, I found a variety of inexpensive small pumpkins and gourds to add to the display.



Now, I'm waiting for Hubbie to find a pallet to put the straw bale on, to keep it from getting mildewed on damp ground, and then I'll be ready to put the display together....probably tomorrow.

0 comments: