Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Funny Story From "Water Babes" Christmas Party

At our "Water Babes" Christmas party and Dirty Santa gift exchange last Thursday at the Italian restaurant, I sat next to the regular leader, a retired school teacher, who has been absent from water aerobics lately with an undiagnosed illness.

When one of the ladies asked where she had taught, she said she'd spent 30 years teaching first at a junior high school, and then at a high school.

"When I taught, I always had five rules," she said, inadvertently holding up four fingers. She looked at her hand and grinned. "Oops," she said, "I mean five," and held up the fifth finger.

"Now, how many years did you say you taught?" I teased

"Thirty years," she replied, "but obviously I wasn't a math teacher," she laughed. "I was an English teacher."

0 comments: