Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday, Dec. 16

Our small town, and indeed the whole state, has practically come to a standstill, thanks to a generous coating of ice on the roadways. Predictions were that the temp would rise enough to melt it by afternoon, but it did not.



We got up late, and I headed to the treadmill. Just as I was finishing my exercises, a water aerobics friend called. I was scheduled to interview her this afternoon for a story about her recently published book. But it was apparent that we would not be able to do it today. We decided to schedule for a later, as yet undetermined, date.



Hubbie helped Mother come from her house, across the slippery yard, to our house, where she continued to work on the jigsaw puzzle. After I got ready for the day, I completed several tasks, including finishing the coffee filter angels, and putting together a food gift basket for the Cardiac Rehab staff.



After lunch, I called one of the members of our scrapbook club to tell her about the death of another member's husband. We agreed to split the cost of a plant, on behalf of the club, for the visitation and funeral. The visitation is scheduled for tomorrow evening from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. We plan to attend.



I spent the rest of the afternoon at my computer, putting together an expense report for the graham cracker Christmas house workshop last Saturday, to be submitted to the arts council for reimbursement. And I also wrote cut lines for photos I took at the workshop, and e-mailed the snapshots to the regional newspaper that I freelance for occasionally.



I tried to burn a CD of these snapshots to give to the arts council director, but the CD burner on my PC doesn't seem to be working. I'll try to burn them on my laptop later.



Supper was meatloaf, baked potatoes, and green beans. It's good to get back to ordinary food after so many holiday meals.

0 comments: