Sunday, January 11, 2009

Saturday, January 10

Today is my sixty-something birthday. I slept late and skipped my exercises. Sis arrived around 10 a.m., and a few minutes later, Son, Daughter-in-Law, Granddaughter, Great-Granddaughter, and Great-Grandson arrived.

Mother stuffed four chickens with onions, carrots, celery and garlic, and spread herbs on top. Hubbie put the chickens in the smoker, and we had these along with baked potatoes, cole slaw, and corn on the cob for lunch. For dessert, we had low-fat chocolate cake and fat free ice cream, with sliced stawberries in sugar substitute.

After lunch, there were gifts and cards for both Sis and me, since Sis's fifty-something birthday is January 20.

Son and family left mid-afternoon, and Sis stayed overnight. For supper, we had leftover potato soup and bran muffins, and then watched "Mama Mia" on a DVD I'd bought for Christmas.

After that, Mother and Sis went to Mother's house, and Hubbie and I watched our favorite college basketball team fall to defeat in its first SEC game of the season.

Daughter, who was not able to be here today, called to wish me a happy birthday, and I had a nice conversation with her, Granddaughter, and Great-Granddaughter.

A friend with whom I worked many years ago also called with birthday greetings, and we had a long talk and caught up on each other's lives.

It was a good day.

0 comments: