Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday, January 17

We slept late this morning, and I hit the treadmill before breakfast. After I got ready for the day, Hubbie and I ran a couple of errands...to the bank, and to the pharmacy...before we went to the WDCS for groceries.

Daughter called right after we arrived back home around 11:30 a.m. She wanted to let me know that two-and-a-half-year-old Great-Grandson has pneumonia and is on medications, but he is recuperating at home. Great-Grandson has asthma, so he is susceptible to lung problems.

Daughter, Granddaughter and I chatted until lunch time. After lunch, Mother occupied herself with a craft project, and I went upstairs to type the taped interview of the lady who recently had a book published.

For supper, we tried a new turkey-veggie burger recipe...ground turkey mixed with onion, bell pepper, and zucchini.We had the burgers on wheat buns, with seasoned, salt-free, no fat, baked potato wedges.

After supper, Hubbie and I watched our favorite college basketball team play to a disappointing loss. I had recorded the game earlier on DVR. After that, we watched an A&E series premiere that I had also recorded on DVR..."The Beast," starring Patrick Swayze. Swayze, who is battling panceatic cancer, is somewhat gaunt looking, but the look seems to lend itself to the rugged FBI character that he plays.

0 comments: