Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday, June 23

We slept late this morning, since we had nothing in particular lined up for the day. After breakfast, I got on the treadmill and then did resistance exercises. Once I was ready for the day, Mother came over to hear about last night's event, and to read e-mails and blogs.



We did nothing productive the rest of the morning. For lunch, we had leftover beef roast gravy over slices of wheat bread, along with slices of yeast bread and butter, sliced tomatoes topped with cottage cheese, and individual cups of applesauce for dessert. We have some odd lunches around here, sometimes.



Before lunch, Hubbie took the stuff from the silent auction back to the art gallery, and then picked up a bag of birdseed. But this afternoon, we did nothing important...he read his "Twilight" novel, and I played on my laptop.



At 4:30 p.m., I met an appointment with my cardiologist. Because the office of my former cardiologist no longer accepts Blue Cross insurance, I was transferred to a new doctor. This cardiologist is female, and is the one who performed the catheter test on me when I first went to the emergency room a year and a half ago.

Today, she ordered a heart ultra-sound, just as a routine exam, because it has been a year and half since I had one. I should get the results of that in a few days. Otherwise, I seem to be in pretty good shape. The cardiologist gave me a large sample box of Lipitor, which is great, since it's a two-month supply of the costliest drug I take.

This doctor's nurse is an obese male. In fact the doctor is obese. And the technician who did the ultra-sound is overweight. This is kind of surprising for a cardiologist office. The scales showed that I've gained a couple of pounds, but I'm still well within acceptable limits, so the doctor didn't comment on it. By comparison to herself, I must seem positively skinny.

I was back home about 5:30 p.m., when we had a supper of Spanish rice and coleslaw. After that, Mother went home, and Hubbie and I spent a leisurely evening in front of the TV. Tonight, we watched "The Kovak Box," R-rated (for violence and some brief nudity) and starring Timothy Hutton. the plot revolves around an author whose strange tale of folks committing suicide after hearing music over their cell phones, plays out in reality, starting with his fiance', who pitches herself out of the window of their hotel.

I checked the eagle nest several times today. The mother came and went and finally, on one of her visits, she brought a small animal. I couldn't tell what it was, but she and the baby spent a long time just standing near it but not trying to eat it. Maybe it wasn't quite dead when she first brought it. Later, though, she began shredding and eating it. The baby begged her to feed him, but she refused. Finally, he had to join her in the feast, shredding portions for himself. As the evening wore on, he returned to the kill and fed while his mother was away from the nest. Sometime during the night, a spider built a web across the camera lens, which close up looks like little light blobs dancing around.

0 comments: