Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday, June 24

We woke up this morning around 5 a.m., an hour and a half before we meant to, but stayed in bed until the clock alarm went off at 6:30.



This was water aerobics day, and the pool felt wonderful. I wish it felt that warm in the winter. Not as many of us showed up today as did on Monday, so we weren't bumping into each other during the session.



Back home, after I got ready for the day, Hubbie and I ran errands...first to the greeting card shop, where I spent an about-to-expire 40% discount card to buy a reed diffusers with oil set to use as a gift when needed.



From there, we went to the other discount store for a couple of items, and then, because our tummies were rumbling before 11:30 a.m., we decided to go to the local Italian restaurant for lunch. Hubbie had spinach quiche with fruit, and I had a grilled shrimp salad, which was too much for me to eat. So we brought half of it home, keeping it in a hot/cold bag while we shopped at the WDCS.



As we were leaving the restaurant, an elderly gentleman opened the door to let his wife in, and continued holding the door to allow us to exit.



"I'll be your doorman today," he said cheerfully. "Do you want to give me a tip?"



I wanted to say, "Yes. My tip to you is your pants are unzipped." But I restrained myself, figuring it was his wife's duty to tell him.





At the WDCS, we only picked up a few items for ourselves, plus a half dozen or so things from a list that Mother sent with us. We were back home around 1 p.m.



When I checked the eagle's nest, I found both mother and baby hunkered down, close together, backs to the wind. It was raining a little, too, so it was probably pretty cool and miserable at 63 degrees high up in that unsheltered nest.



After I'd posted my blog last night, I visited the eagle's nest one more time, and saw the mother feeding the baby from the kill she'd brought to the nest earlier. I guess she lets the baby struggle with feeding himself first and then later helps him to be sure he gets enough.

It's amusing to see him run and flap his wings, practicing to fly. Today, he actually lifted off the ground a few inches. But he still sometimes falls on his face.

Mother came over after we got home from running errands today, but we didn't accomplish anything during the afternoon. She snoozed, while Hubbie finished the first "Twilight" novel and began a second one, and I played on the laptop. Later, we read "The Daily Blab," and then had a supper of boiled new potatoes, sauteed squash, and sliced tomatoes, Vidalia onions and cucumbers.

After supper, Hubbie continued reading his novel, and I worked several Sudoku puzzles. Then we watched TV, including President Obama's address to the nation concerning his ideas for a government health plan.

0 comments: