Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday, February 1

Schools were closed today, so there was no water aerobics. They'll be closed tomorrow, too, but by Wednesday they'll surely be in session again, and water aerobics will resume.

We were up about 7:30 this morning, and after breakfast, I did a treadmill session and resistance exercises.

It was sunshiny all day, helping the snow to melt. But there is still quite a bit of it. Once I was ready for the day, I put on Hubbie's rubber boots and made another trip around the yard. I noticed that our neighbors to the west had built a seven-foot snowman, and I wanted to get a picture of it. I took several snapshots around the yard, which I tried to upload to my blog, without success. Maybe they'll load tomorrow.

Mother came over mid-morning, and while I was out in the yard, she put together a couple of pans of 11-bean soup with ham.

At lunch time, I fixed egg omelets and toast for Hubbie and me. Mother opted for Ramen noodle soup. After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands...to the WDCS for groceries for us and Mother, and to the farm supply store for bird seed.

We didn't do much else for the afternoon. Supper was leftover Cajun turkey and potatoes Au gratin, with Lima beans and corn.

Mother went home after supper, and Hubbie and I watched TV. We started with a Lifetime channel movie, "Lying to be Perfect," starring Poppy Montgomery. A frumpy, overweight magazine editor reinvents herself as the famous and reclusive online advice columnist, Belinda Apple. She and friends get together and make a pact to lose weight, following the advice of Apple.

The second movie we watched was, "Madame Sousatzka," starring Shirley Maclaine. This 1988 film is rated PG. A piano teacher living in a rundown apartment/studio in London teaches a gifted young Indian boy, hoping to make him famous.

0 comments: