Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday, March 13

Today is Great-Granddaughter's birthday...Happy Birthday, Great-Granddaughter!

For some reason, I came wide awake at 4 a.m. this morning and then tossed and turned for an hour and half before falling asleep again. Nevertheless, we were up around 7:30, and I did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast.

While I was getting ready for the day, Hubbie took Mother to a home improvement store to choose calladium bulbs in a variety of colors. When they got back, Mother relaxed with several current magazines, while I washed a couple of loads of clothes, including a couple of heavy winter sweaters for storage.

Before lunch, I checked e-mail and my social networking site, where I found a lovely photo posted by Niece of Mother as a teenager (probably 15 or 16 years old), playing an accordian at her school. I showed the picture to Mother, who was delighted, saying she remembers when the picture was taken, but that she doesn't have a copy. Of course, I scanned the photo and enlarged it to use in making a scrapbook page.

For lunch, Hubbie did the honors of making grilled cheese sandwiches. Afterward, I took Mother to the WDCS so she could buy new kitchen curtains. She found some pretty, bright, ones...white with yellow borders and flowers.

When we got back home, we planned next week's menu, and then Hubbie and I went back to the WDCS for groceries. On the way, we saw a hawk flying low and circling, scouting for prey, we presumed.

Back home, we relaxed, each entertaining ourselves in our own way...Hubbie watching basketball games on TV, Mother reading, and I playing on my computer.

Supper tonight was hamburger/turkey burgers, with baked potatoes topped with the leftover pork chop barbecue sauce cooked with carrots, onions, and celery. Mother went home after that, and Hubbie and I settled in front of TV.

Tonight, we watched the movie, "Revolutionary Road," starring Leonardo DiCapprio and Kate Winslet. In this 2008, R-rated film, a 30ish mismatched couple with two children feel they are destined for greater things and decide to chuck their suburban life and a job that he insists he hates to move to Paris. Things change, though, when she becomes pregnant, and he is offered a promotion at work.

It was a really chilly day, thanks to a bracing wind, and cloudy sky. Even though daffodills are blooming everywhere, and some of the trees are in bud, it certainly doesn't feel like spring, though the season officially begins next weekend.

Time to change the clocks back tonight...takes me forever to adjust to Daylight Saving Time. But I do enjoy the extended daylight in the evenings.

0 comments: