Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday, March11

Up at 8 a.m., and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast.

At 9 a.m., Hubbie went to his monthly Master Gardener meeting. Once I was ready for the day, I decided to tackle a large box of newspapers that feature photos I've taken and articles I've written over the past dozen years. I don't know why I thought I needed to keep the whole paper, but today I spent several hours, scissors in hand, reducing that large box of newspapers down to a small tote.

Other than that, I didn't accomplish much today. Mother stayed home, involving herself in her own projects.

After supper, Hubbie and I went to a city planning commission meeting at the college. The community theater board president requested that board members attend this meeing, since an architect was to address the idea of a sports and recreation complex that would include a theater. The 5:30 meeting ended around 7:30.

Back home, Hubbie continued watching SEC basketball games on TV. Our favorite team played a late game, at 8:45. Unfortunately, they lost. No more basketball for this year.

We were most fortunate last night not to have suffered the storms that other parts of the state received. Tornadoes damaged homes, and even caused one death. Our local newspaper led the front page tonight with a story of how our small town has not had a tornado since 1973...eight years before I arrived. I hope it stays that way.

0 comments: