Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday, March 9

Slept later this morning, until around 7:30, then did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Before I could go upstairs to get ready for the day, Niece from New York called. We talked for quite a while. She wanted to tell me that another niece, whom we hadn't heard from in several years, found her on Facebook. This niece is now living in Seattle, Washington.

Once I was ready for the day, I checked my e-mail and found messages from two of my high school friends, responding to my e-mail to them yesterday, telling them about the male classmate who has cancer. The three of us (who were best friends in high school) want to get together around the time of the 50-year reunion in May. I hope that works out. I've visited with one of the ladies in the past couple of years, but haven't seen the other since we graduated.

By the time I answered those e-mails and some others, it was nearly noon. Mother had come over in the meantime to continue working on the jigsaw puzzle.

After lunch, I did some things related to greeting card making, like rubber stamping, printing images of flowers that I photographed, and typing "thinking of you" messages to take with us to a card making session on Friday.

I also gathered several jigsaw puzzles to take this evening to a community theater meeting. We have been exchanging puzzles with the lady at whose home the meetings are held.

Then I got an instant message on Facebook from Niece in Seattle, and spent quite a while chatting with her. There was a lot of catching up to do.

Later, I attended two meetings...one with visual arts from 5 p.m. to just after 6 p.m., and the community theater board meeting from 7 p.m. to 8:30. Between those two meetings, we had a supper of potato soup and bran muffins. Mother made the soup this afternoon, and I made the muffins before I left for my first meeting.

The rest of the evening, Hubbie and I watched one-hour shows on TV.

0 comments: