Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Monday, Sept. 27

Up around 6:30, and did a treadmill session and resistance exercises after breakfast. Monday is usually water aerobics day, but I called our leader yesterday and learned the pool is down for repairs. In fact, it was down all last week. At least I didn't miss aerobics while we were away at camp. But I hate it for the rest of the members.

Spent the rest of the morning getting organized after the trip, answering e-mails, uploading photos, returning phone calls, reading a stack of local newspapers. Mother and I also decorated the fireplace mantel in fall decor.

After lunch, Hubbie and I ran errands....to the pharmacy, to a grocery store to pick up cottage cheese, and to the farmer's market, where I bought tomatoes, peaches, and apples. Then we went to the discount store that is going out of business, where I picked up more greeting cards (20 cents each this time), and some little packages of buttons to us on greeting cards. We also spotted half-price printer ink cartridges, but weren't sure if they were the right number for our printer.

From there, we went to the WDCS for a few items, including a pumpkin and potted mums. We didn't buy the mums, though, because they looked stressed.

Back home, we put away the groceries we'd gotten, and then went out again....this time to check on a bale of straw at a farm store. We didn't like what we saw, because it looked old. So we stopped by the church that has set up a pumpkin patch and bought a bale there. It was a bit more expensive than I intended to pay, but the money goes to the church's youth organization, so I chalked it up to a charitable contribution.

Then we went to a home improvement store, where we found pots of healthy mums. From there, we went back to the store that's going out of business and picked up the two cartons of ink cartridges, since we'd checked and they are the right ones for our printer.

While we were doing this, Mother put together a meatloaf for supper. When I got back home, she and I added more touches of fall around the house.

Later, we enjoyed the meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans...a very traditional and satisfying American meal. Mother went home after that, and Hubbie and I watched TV.

0 comments: