Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday, Feb. 5

Slept late again, until around 8 a.m. Skipped my exercises, as I usually do on Sundays. Around 10 a.m., Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and we prepared country ribs and Parmesan potatoes for the oven.

After that, we goofed off until time to put the ribs in the oven around 11:15 a.m. I'd marinated the meat overnight, and today I added barbecue sauce to them, put them in an oven bag and into the oven for about an hour, and then put the Parmesan potatoes in. Around 12:30, I heated the baked beans in the microwave. In the meantime, Mother made a recipe of coleslaw dressing and prepared the angel hair slaw, adding grated carrots and diced bell peppers.

We sat down to dinner around 1 p.m. The meal...our nod to Super Bowl Sunday...was really good, and there's enough left for tomorrow night's meal.

After lunch, we vegged some more...Hubbie watching TV, I on my laptop, and Mother playing word games on my e-reader. When she'd tired of the game, around 3 p.m., Hubbie accompanied her back to her house.

Hubbie and I continued watching TV (Law and Order episodes) until time for the Super Bowl at 5 p.m. Since we are not avid fans of professional football, we don't have favorite teams. So he rooted for the Patriots (mainly because a guy from our state is on the team, though not as a starter), and I cheered for the Giants (because they are from my birth state). Hubbie wondered if I'd like to bet on the game...$10,000?" he joked.

The commercials and the halftime show are half the draw to watching the Super Bowl, and the halftime show, starring Madonna, was pretty spectacular. As usual, I found some of them amusing, some of them ho-hum, and didn't get the point with some of them. A few of them delivered sober messages, reflecting our times.

It was a real hold-your-breath ending to a game that the Giants ultimately won.

Back to business as usual tomorrow. Even though I love water aerobics, I dread getting out in the cold weather tomorrow morning. Not particularly looking forward to a dental appointment later in the morning, either.

0 comments: