Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday, May 9

Up at 6:30 to get ready to go to water aerobics. Pretty cool this morning, so I appreciated my fleece outfit. The water in the pool was pleasant. I'll miss swimming for the three weeks the pool is down after this week. Thirteen of us showed up today.

At home, Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house, and before I got ready for the day, I boiled a couple of eggs and gathered ingredients for making chicken salad. Mother chopped the veggies and eggs, and I added nuts, Craisins, and grapes to the mix.

Once I was showered and dressed, I did this and that at my computer...printing snapshots of Great-Granddaughter participating and winning second place in a race, and ordering prints of myself in the ball gown, all of which I plan to use in make scrapbook pages next week; and emptying the e-mail deleted items folder. I also called my favorite computer tech hoping to make an appointment for him to check my computer, clean it up, add memory, etc. But he wasn't available, and he hasn't returned my call. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

After lunch, I finished getting Hubbie's and my clothes ready for the Confederate Ball Saturday, but didn't accomplish much else for the rest of the afternoon.

Supper was leftover Chinese soup and blueberry muffins from last night. I accompanied Mother home afterward, and helped her take a shower, and then throw a load of laundry in the washer.

Later, Hubbie and I went to the local movie theater to see "The Hunger Games." We used free movie passes that I'd gotten online through an offer off of a couple of boxes of hair color. There were only six people in the theater. Br-r-r, it was cold in there! I wore a long sleeve shirt and a fleece jacket and was still uncomfortable. Hubbie brought along a light jacket, but didn't need it, so I commandeered it to use as a blanket, and still my nose was cold.

The movie was unusual in its premise of a post-apocalytic futuristic nation divided into twelve districts, where the Capitol each year selects a boy and a girl, ages 12 to 18, from each district to fight to the death on live TV until only one survives. The purpose of the games is to punish the people of the districts for a past rebellion against the government.




0 comments: