Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday, May 6

Up around 7:30. Skipped my exercises today. Hubbie put color in my hair, although I won't make a haircut appointment until afer the Civil War Confederate Ball. Right now, I'm trying to let my hair continue to grow so I can pull it into a rubber band for holding the hair decoration I made yesterday.

Once I was ready for the day, I gathered laundry for the washer, and then Mother and I worked to put together a stirfry for lunch. Mother sliced a chicken breast, and julienned onions, carrots, celery, bell pepper, and yellow and zucchini squashes. I seasoned all, browned the chicken, added veggies and fresh grated ginger, then later added chicken broth with cornstarch, and soy sauce. Served the stirfry over rice. It was very good, even though it wasn't a traditional sunday dinner.

After lunch, I tried but failed to download snapshots of last night's Super Moon. I thought my card reader was bad, so Hubbie and I went to the WDCS to buy a new one, plus a few other items. While we were out, we stopped by the grocery store pharmacy to pick up prescriptions for Mother and me.

Before we came back home, we went by a fast food restaurant to get three cups of frosted ice cream. At home, Mother was excited to get the ice cream. She said she'd explored the kitchen looking for something sweet, but didn't find anything she wanted. The treat hit the spot for all of us on this rather hot day.

Mother had begun a new jigsaw puzzle, and she continued working on it, while I went upstairs to the computer to try the new card reader. Boo, it didn't work, either, so something must be wrong with my camera's photo program, because when I tried the reader in my laptop, it worked fine, as did the old reader (which I should have tried before we went to the store). I now have two working readers, which is fine, because the new one is small and easy to carry in my camera bag or purse. I could have used it last weekend at the baby shower, so Niece could download photos to her computer while we were there.

I downloaded the Super Moon snapshots and uploaded a few to my social network page. Then Hubbie and I sat down to watch a two-part PBS Masterpiece Classic: "Birdsong," based on a novel by Sebastian Faulks. This is a British movie that revolves around a young man, who, during WWI, falls in love with a young married French woman.

Later, I donned my full ball gown regalia for snapshots in the yard. Predictions are for rain much of the week, so today seemed like the best option for doing the pictures. Hubbie did a good job of getting a couple of decent shots that I could upload to my social network page.

Spent the rest of the evening watching one-hour shows on TV.



0 comments: