Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday, July 31

Another month gone already, though I can't say we're sorry to see it go after the dreadful heat and drought, which promises to continue for no telling how long into August.

Up around 8 a.m. this morning, and did stair stepping, resistance bands, and weights exercises after breakfast. Hubbie accompanied Mother to our house mid-morning, where she sliced mushrooms and diced onions, which I sauteed once I was ready for the day.

Spent the rest of the morning doing this and that around the house, and then fixed a lunch of a salmon sandwich for Mother, barbecue sandwich for Hubbie, and pimento cheese for myself.

Afterward, Mother retired to the couch for a nap, while Hubbie and I ran errands. First, we went to another town about 20 miles away to buy watermelons and cantaloupes from our favorite farmer.

On the way to and coming back from getting the fruit, we were stalled in traffic for awhile, because a semi truck, loaded with an enormous cylinder, had tried to negotiate a turn onto the highway, and managed to belly the rig down onto the road, where it got stuck.

Emergency personnel routed traffic around the rig, and we were on our way in a few minutes.

From there, we stopped by a grocery store to pick up a couple of cartons of cottage cheese; then went to the post office to mail this week's Sunday supplement coupons to Granddaughter; and on to the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions. Our last stop was the WDCS for groceries.

Back home, Mother had finished her nap, and went to the kitchen to dice bell pepper, which I sauteed and added to the mushrooms and onions. The veggies will be incorporated in meals this week.

Later, I heated leftovers from last night's meal for supper. After supper, I accompanied Mother to her house, and hung around while she took a shower.

At home, Hubbie and I watched the 2011 movie, "Hanna," starring Cate Glanchett. A 16-year-old girl is trained by her father to be an assassin. Then she goes on a mission across Europe, and is tracked by a ruthless intelligence agent and her operatives. The girl must kill or be killed by the agent.

In the middle of the movie, I remembered that I hadn't thrown a load of laundry in the washer for Mother, so I hurried to her house to do it.

When I got back, while I sort of watched the movie, I completed a monthly Literacy Council report, ordered photos of our Grape Festival trip from the WDCS photo center, and did the weekly word search puzzle contest.

0 comments: